Monday, December 15, 2008

Spoke too soon!!

I spoke way too soon last night. In an act to prove me wrong, the Gods unleashed the snow last night around midnight. I woke up to Griffin ready to eat and was surprised by the white glow I was getting from my kitchen window. It was quite a pleasant surprise and although it was late, I got that giddy/excited feeling and I had to wake up Nate. “Oh Lord!” I can hear most of you saying while rolling your eyes. But I was stoked!

In total we only got about 4-5” but that was enough for us! Nate stayed home and worked from home. Nate had remembered to run to the office and grab his laptop on Friday so he would have it for this “impending storm”. Now they’re calling for more snow on Wed/Friday. We’ll see!!

We got the boys outside playing this morning. It was Griffin’s first snow. I dressed him multiple layers and then put him inside some PJs that were too big for him to protect his feet. I didn’t think he’d want to put his hands in the snow, so never thought about it. To my dismay he went full fledge into the snow and within minutes he was screaming bloody murder.

He did get over it after a warm soak in the sink. When he came back out, he steered clear of the "big" snow and stuck to the little snow on the deck. Improvising we put Maysen’s socks on his hands which kept him at bay for a bit anyway. Who buys mittens in Oregon. I learned my lesson!


Maysen made snow angels and had a blast going down his ice-ridden slide. He flew down that sucker like greased lightning which he thought was hilarious!! The snow is like powder so it’s hard to form into snow balls so the snowball fight didn’t happen but M still grabbed gobs and heaved it into the air.




Nate then thought it would be great fun to punch the top of Maysen’s “tree house” cover high into the air. Did look pretty cool.

We'll see what the week brings, but we had our fun Oregonian Snow Day today. I wonder what would happen if I called other people liars ... maybe the lotto people? Think they'd give in and give me the lottery anyway since I called them liars?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It is so cold! You make me laugh. The kids went out and were out maybe 20 mins. It was way to cold for them to be out much longer. I think Miranda lasted maybe 5 mins. I am glad that you got your snow. Love ya