Sunday, December 14, 2008

Liars!!

Christmas Program
Last Thursday was Maysen’s 2nd Christmas Program. He did really well and I was happy that we had so many family members who were able to be there to watch. He was a proud sheep and you could see it. He sung his heart out and waved many times to make sure we didn’t miss him.

I worked again on Friday, which was a busy but fast day. Again I was reminded of how nice it can be to get out, but always nice to get home to all 3 of my boys!

Karate Test
Saturday morning Maysen had his karate test. I was so proud of him! There were about 40 people watching their children test, and one-by-one they go in front of the judges. When Maysen got up there you just heard the “Awwww’s” from the other parents. He is the littlest/youngest of the group but he got his first stripe for his belt and his new patches for his uniform. He even did a sidekick and broke his board on the first try!

Snow Liars
We settled in for a weekend of cold, ice, and snow – per the meteorologists. I *love* snow and I treasure any chance of getting it because since moving to Oregon I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen snow since moving here. On Friday I joked “You watch, it’ll be blue sky and sunny all weekend.” Of course I was just being facetious, but little did I know how true this would be until my last and final hope of snow today dwindled. However, just 2hrs north of us were plowed by snow. I hate to say it really did put me in a sour mood but I just need to learn that when the weather man says something, don’t believe it especially when they’re so persistant about it. We’ve heard all week about “all this snow” we were to get this weekend and we got none. In fact the sun was out most of the weekend. Ha! Sick, sick joke!

I did get over my sour mood this afternoon and we made sugar Christmas cookies (with cookie cutters from Grandma Jo … thanks Grandma!) and our Gingerbread house. That always puts me in a good and festive mood.

We are going to be getting air from our Canadian neighbors this week and although it’ll be sunny with blue skies the temperature will remain below freezing all week – a change for us Oregonians. It’ll probably blizzard this week … only because they haven’t forecasted it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am sorry you guys missed the snow. Tonight it snowed like crazy here. Jonas is ready to get out in it. Strange how we only live 45 mins away and nothing for you. Sorry. I am not the snow person so you can gladly have ours. Love you.