Saturday, December 6, 2008

Keen Observation
Maysen finally got his Gi in, so he's now one of the kids! It's amazing how he could tell he was different at karate. For awhile he had Athlete's Foot (which I totally blame on the karate floor -- what 4yr old has athlete's foot?) so I was making him wear his sandals while doing karate while I was medicating his foot. He had kids saying "Why is he wearing sandals?" Just an interesting observation how kids that young point out who's different and why. And it only gets worse as you get older ...

Old Roots
Tomorrow we're going to the KSU vs Oregon men's basketball game. I haven't decide whom I'm going to be rooting for - my home roots of Kansas State ... or my new roots of Oregon. We're also meeting up with one of my friends from Kansas (who I met at Kansas State University) who moved to Portland, OR a few years ago. Hoping to meet up with her and some other KSU fans at a nearby bar before the game. Nate's mom and step-dad also got tickets last minute so we'll probably run into them at the game.

New Babysitter
The time finally came ... the dreaded "use of new babysitter". Our old babysitter went off to college in August and we've been holding off on finding a new one. Finally the time has come and we're using our swimming lesson's teacher's sister, Amber. She will babysit tomorrow for the first time. She did come over on Wednesday to meet the boys and say hi before she just came over and we took off tomorrow. She seems like she'll work out just fine and we've a couple of years before she heads off to college as she's only a sophomore.

Back to work
I'm working a few extra days this month, as they're short of RNs for triage/resource because of everyone taking off for vacations, etc. I worked with my old doctor yesterday and that was fun. It's amazing I haven't worked with him in almost 2 years but once I saw him and we prepared for a small biopsy procedure, I got right back in the groove like I had never left. Isn't it weird how you can just get back into a routine? Even meeting up with good friends I find is like this. There are some things that I think just get ingrained in your mind ... and heart. Its so fun going back. Believe me, I love my "no schedule" but I love the fact I can go back, make a little money, get some hours logged, and see all my great friends. There's something comforting about going back to my other "home" and seeing everyone. I get a break from my everyday wiping butts and faces. And I gotta tell you - leaving a list of things (including laundry and dishes) for Nate to do while I'm gone feels pretty darn good! I opened the cleaned dishwasher the night before I worked. I sighed and I as tiredly took out the glasses I thought "why am I doing this? I'm not the housewife tomorrow!" and gleefully added that to my "to-do" list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Maysen has a new attitude. Cute. Love MomSher