Sunday, October 7, 2007

Baren Land

This weekend was, for the most part non-rainy so we decided that since it was our only free weekend until Dec 1st we'd take advantage of getting our yard "winterized". That, coupled with the fact that my decreased flexibility will be raging over the next couple of months, it was time to get it done. You'll notice the *nine* huge lawn bags this took to accomplish, as my yard is a jungle all summer. You can get a small glimpse here.

The weather has been pretty unpredictable this time of year. When the weatherman says it's going to be 20% chance of showers, it's foggy/cloudy/cold all day. But when it's 100%, the sun is out half the time and the rain is barely noticable. I guess that's the life of a weatherman. But since for the most part the weather has still been mild (low 60s, upper 40s at night) things in my yard are still blooming! I know in about 4 more weeks they'll be dead as a doorknob so I had to keep thinking that while I cut down living things thinking "You think it's hard NOW to bend over, let this go another 3 weeks". That was motivation enough.

Am I really blabbing over getting my yard winterized? Yes! Because it was a job, Maysen has a cold now, and today it was 70! We were worried about getting it ALL done yesterday for fear of the "60% chance of rain" today. Ha! God's sick sick joke :=)

PS: Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all my Canadian Geese out there!

1 comment:

L&D said...

Yard looks great. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!