Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Full week

This past week has been a blur! It started with my dad and Jo coming up from California on Wednesday. Jenn came down on Thursday and we had a great time. Dad's birthday is in a week, so we celebrated while he was here. Friday night was my sister-in-law's baby shower. She and I are just a few days apart on due dates. No, the pregnancies weren't planned together!

It was very nicely done, being held at King Estate Winery near here. It was beautiful! It was held at night, and when we left at 10pm, there was thunder, lightning and it was raining buckets! Jessica and I were driving together and chatting about our common love of Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel when, of course, we missed our turn in the forest and got lost. At any time I was imagining my van shutting off spontaneously shutting off and mummies coming out from the trees. It was funny because any time we're together we get lost; we went to Disney World 2yrs ago and we would take the kids back for naps. Every time we left the park we'd get lost - all of course while I was driving. I'm glad she just laughs, because it defuses the stressful situation!

On Saturday, Jenn and I met my long-time friend, Amanda, for brunch at Ihop. I haven't seen her in awhile and she was coming to MY baby shower being held later that day. On my way to meet Amanda I got a call from Bob saying that Bonnie was having terrible stomach pains (again) and was leaving the art show. On Tuesday she had such bad pains she was nearly to her knees - I asked if she had ever had pancreatitis before which she had not. I told him he needed to take her to the hospital as something wasn't right. Turns out she had pancreatitis and her liver enzymes were out of control. She's currently still in the hospital as they're trying to rule out what caused this.After brunch we headed to my baby shower, hosted by Nate's mom and my sister-in-law (the always-get-lost-and-loves-Ghost-Hunters sister). It was a great time! Some of my friends from work were there along with a few of my favorite patients. We laughed and just had a blast! I got MAJOR loot including 24 pairs of socks (thanks matching-sock game), a video hand-held monitor, lots of open-ended sleepers, diapers, wipes, bottle drop-ins, great blankets, gift certificates, lots of firetruck goodies for the nursery, and numerous other things. My spare bed is completely filled with packages and stuff that Nate and I are going to re-go through tonight.

I had my OB appointment yesterday. She cleared up some questions I was having. We went through Griffin's measurements again and despite the fact that 3 of the measurements were showing 3 wks over, when combined, he's only showing 1wk 5d over my due date. He is still 15oz overweight - but Maysen was a big baby, so this one will be too. She said that they'll schedule my C-Section about a week before my due date, so around Jan 12th. I have been having Braxton Hicks, which I never did with Maysen - I never went into labor at all with Maysen! She said that even if I go into labor this time, they'll either stop it if it's too early or they'll just do the C Section then. My pelvis is too small to facilitate birth the natural way, so I have to have the C-Section. And to be honest, would prefer that. I was up sweeping my floor about a week after having it. I did great! Unfortunately my blood pressure is "creeping up" so I have be seen in 2 weeks and to have another ultrasound. She asked if I was ever on bed rest with Maysen. Goody. I can't imagine being on bed rest with a 3yr old..

Thanks, Jenn, for taking the great pics again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry they didn't turn out that well. Lighting indoors is tricky. I'm glad you had a great time. =)

Ej said...

Hope your blood pressure calms down! Bed rest is no fun - esp. with a toddler!

Dave and Jo said...

Little Huck...ooops I mean Griffin wants to come out and play with Grandma around xmas!