Thursday, June 14, 2007

Our office has closed...

So, I'm pre-paying bills tonight as we are leaving for vacation soon. I like to get that out of the way so I don't have any worrying to do while we're gone. I rip open our phone/internet bill and find it's oddly about $20 more than it normally is every month. I'm guilty of just paying the bill instead of pouring over all the fine details, but this unsettled me. So I start looking closer - and for the whole month they have been charging us $0.06/min for LOCAL calls! (That tells you how many calls we make from our land-line, mainly using our cell phone). We live in a suburb but calls into town have always been free. I go to call the phone company (because I'm one of those "gotta fix the problem now" girls) and I hear "We're sorry, our office is now closed. Our business hours..." so I must wait until tomorrow to find out what the problem is. If the case is that the area we live in is now considered "long distance" I will just cancel our land line.

Yesterday went well. As the previous post explains it was the last day with Dr D. He was very sweet at the end of the day, reassuring me that although selfishly he wanted me to stay, he thought I was making the right decision. He got me the most beautiful bowl from Pier 1, and even picked it out himself!!! In a reverse change of order, he said he asked his wife what to get me and she said "Just get her a gift certificate". He turned his nose at that and said "That's not from the heart!" Ahhh, what a good man.

Tomorrow is my official last day, although they've already asked me to work 3 days in July. Could this be a trend? I am working Triage tomorrow, which thankfully the day goes fast when working that desk. I have written cards to my most close colleagues and have already gotten a few "Going Away" gifts. I'll truly miss seeing my "other" family on a regular basis.

1 comment:

kelly ens said...

paying for local calls? that's crazy!!!
what a good boss to get you a personal gift :)