Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mysterious Mountain Pass

Yes, I'm on vacation and cheating but I had to post this vent. LAST week I wore clothes, washed them, and packed them. We get to Bend and I discover somehow over the mountain pass, my clothes shrunk. I'm not kidding. They literally shrunk. Well, I say they shrunk but I think it is I that is getting bigger. This was depressing as I am *TWELVE* weeks pregnant. Well, I'll be twelve weeks on Sunday. Can this be true? I would believe it if, for the last 2 weeks I've been totally pigging out, but the truth is I haven't felt that great to pig out. So it either was the pass that mysteriously shrunk my clothes or I'm going to be HUGE by the time 9mo comes around.

Vacation is going good. We were in Bend until yesterday, now in BC visiting the in-laws. We've had a great time and the last two days I've felt pretty good! I found a great buy at REI on a fleece jacket for $40 and Nate found a nice gortex coat for $139.99 (originally $270!) The guys are doing "manly chores" today while Sherrill and I piddle around. We went to our favorite store today - full of great picture frames, dishes, towels, quilts, etc. Two years ago I found some really cool lavendar soap at TJ Maxx. I gave it to my mother-in-law for Christmas as a) she loves purple b) she loves lavendar. It was one of those you'll never find again because that's just what the store had at the time. Well, she loved it! Ever since I've been trying to find it and couldn't. I couldn't even remember the name to look online. Well, today in this awesome small-town store -- there it was! So I bought her another bar...I'll have to buy a case and give them to her every once in awhile.

Has anyone else gain weight/grow bigger extremely fast with their second baby? I've heard you do and it's not as if I'm "showing" because I'm bigger anyway ... but anyway. It's my story and I'm sticking to it - and she'd better find twins in there to explain this :-) Actually ... on second thought ... no. No twins!

2 comments:

L&D said...

Sorry, I got nothin'. Haven't gotten prego for a second time yet.

Ej said...

This time I took forever to show - I just looked pudgy but then in 1 week I gained like 10 pounds and I out grew everything I owned! So yeah I'd say the second time around everything gives up sooner and it all falls to crap! Hope you're having a great vacation and that the sun holds out!