Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Au revoir, Mark

Tomorrow will be the end to my 3.5 years with working with Dr D as he is off Thursday and Friday. When I told him I was leaving, I bawled the rest of the afternoon. One of my patients said "Allergies getting to you, too huh?" I hope that I can keep it together as my pregnancy hormones are sorta out of whack. So what makes him so special?

Dr D is a wonderful man and doctor. He is patient, kind, understanding, compassionate, and generous. When I asked him last year if I could cut a day out of my week and only work M,W,F he immediately understood and said he'd do anything to accommodate me. When we bought our house, he gave me fatherly advise on what to look for and constantly was asking how things were going with the house and even walked me step my step on how to change out my dishwasher. When we bought our BMW he spent his lunch hour researching the specifics on it and he even took me out at lunch to drive it - giving me his "good job" on picking it.

Working side by side I could read him like a book - often doing a lot of his ordering of tests, etc before he had even see the patient in turn cutting a lot of time out of his day. It's amazing when I had a bad day - he had a bad day ... and visa versa.

One thing I will miss tremendously miss about working side by side with him are his daily David Letterman Top 10 list every morning. Him laughing loudly, no matter how corny they were.

With just as sad I'm going to be leaving my job - I am just as happy to be able to stay home with Maysen and Baby II.

1 comment:

L&D said...

Ahhhhh. And life goes on hey? Another chapter closed.

What a beautiful memory you will have of your previous workplace. You'll cherish it close to your heart, I'm sure. How is the new little bean growing?