Saturday, June 2, 2007

denial

So I woke up the next morning after the post below and thought "Wow. I've got to apologize to my readers... " I had a few people call me "...are you ok?" So, I'm sorry. That was the 1am rant. I promise not to do that again ... well, at least not more than once a week. Deal?

I saw the most awesome sight tonight. Ok, picture this: older gentleman, big 'ole military-style glasses, pale robin-egg blue tight (like painted on) sweater, high water tight polyester plaid slacks, loafters from 1978, and the best part? Throw in the fact that his "part" started right above his left ear. You guessed it; the dreaded comb-over. But folks, this was amazing. It started just about an inch above his left ear .... and the 8" of hair extend over his shiny bald scalp to reach just above his right ear. He thought it was rockin and you could tell he really thought people were buying the fact that he still had hair, even though the 3 speghetti strands that there actually was were fading quick!! It's men like that that I'd love to have $1000 and a shopping spree with. Lord, if I'm ever in "that" bad of denial with the way things really are ... please give me a sign ...

2 comments:

Ej said...

Gotta love a good comb over! Especially when done with such panache!

Pregnant women are allowed to be on the crazy train - those who are there with you are just as crazy(just ask my poor dear hubby!)

kelly ens said...

mmm...combovers. how delightful.

hey, email me at readykellysblog (at) gmail (dot) com so i can invite you to read my blog.
You too, ej, if you're back here reading this :)