Friday, March 23, 2007

Growing up..

Ever since Maysen was born, he has always been watched by family only. On Mondays, Nate's mom watched him; Wednesdays and Fridays belonged to Nate's great Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Bob. Yesterday Nate's mom decided it was better for her and George (who is working 6 days a week now, and only day off is Monday) to scale back on watching Maysen on Mondays. That leaves us with no other option but to start him in daycare, which I've really wanted to avoid. I think we have a plan, though. Next month they start registration for Creswsell Christian Care Center, which is a pre-preschool and he'll be able to go there M,W,F. In a way this is a blessing in disguise probably, as it will enable Maysen to be around other kids his age and learn more things. So, that isn't until the fall ... and then we have a great 17yr old girl who will be able to babysit as much as we need her this summer. Now our only predicament is finding someone to watch him from now until Amanda is out of school for the summer. Oh well, we'll manage I guess. What other choice do we have?

So, above I mentioned Aunt Bonnie. Well, I mentioned a few posts ago about the auction my sis in law was doing to raise money for the Creswell Christian School. Aunt Bonnie is an artist and her paintings are absolutely amazing. She donated her time to do a portrait for the auction. Well, we bid and won a portrait by her. We're having her do a painting of Maysen - since they have such a bond and forever will. When the weather gets nice we're going to stage a photo for her to base the painting off of. It will be Maysen, in the grass, with overhauls on, barefoot with the pant legs rolled up ... no shirt on underneath ... with a baseball cap on holding a baseball. I have it all panned out in my head. Getting my sis to capture it (as amazing of a photographer she is) might be a challenge. But I'm sure we'll come up with something.

I just can't believe my little one will be in some form of "school" within a few months. Man ... were does the time really go? I'm hoping to find it someday in the dryer with all the missing socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of Maysen's little hands. So sweet....

Ej said...

Sweet pic.

Childcare is a pain in the butt - my babysitter is going on a 3 month holiday - who takes a 3 month holiday????

I hope you can find someone.