Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be the big 2.6. We celebrated it this weekend with Jenn and Matt. Saturday we hit up Bohemia Mining Days which consisted of a parade and carnival. I haven't had cotton candy in a decade! I forgot how gross it really is, pure sugar and air, basically. However, I was impressed to find there was only 114 calories in a whole giant bag of cotton candy! We ate lunch at a hole-in-the-wall BBQ. It was GREAT! You know ... the small tiny places like that are the best. They had their own run down smoker in the back which you could smell a mile away.

In the afternoon, Jenn and I went antique'ing again .. I found a jelly cabinet to DIE for. However, it was $900. I just bought an antique clock this month, so I have to pass for now. But seeing it everyday thinking of the families that used it from 1889 to current is an amazing thought. That afternoon we played hard in the water, which was needed because it was very warm Saturday. Maysen's new thing is he loves to "water the flowers". That quickly turns into turning the hose on anyone close by. We left him with our babysitter, Amanda, for the evening and had a GREAT night out. First we ate at The Excelsior which is my new favorite restaurant in Eugene. We had great food, great wine, and great laughs. After we headed to Joe Federico's jazz club for a drink. We were seated in a cozy hidden booth with characteristic graffiti on the wall, which incidentally I leaned up against in my white shirt! If it wouldn't have been for that Long Island Iced Tea (uhh, yea...) I probably would have been more pissed than I was.

We ended the night Cosmic Bowling with Jenn and I whipping Nate and Matt's behinds. Well, not really, but I can act like we did. The only thing that pissed me off was the couple next to us had a 2yr old and 4yr old out after 11pm. They were exhausted, crying, and losing it. Good ole parents weren't done bowling, so the mom kept trying to force ice down the 2yr old and the dad kept swining the 4yr old around like it was fun. Why are some people so selfish? I mean, where does "I can't find a sitter, so screw it, they're coming too I guess" come into reason? I was thankful when Matt approached them when we left and "suggested" it was a tad too late to have those kids out.

Jenn baked me a yummy chocolate cake. I have the best sister ever! And now I'm officially in the "upper 20's". I can remember when I was looking forward to turning another year older. Now I'm like where are the brakes? I'll be 30 before I know it...then 40...

No comments: