Sunday, July 30, 2006

Butt Crack Sand

What a cool down! The highs for the last few days have been in the mid-upper 70s. Right now it's 74 degrees and man am I loving that! Nate got off early on Friday so we headed to the coast. He told me some good news on our way ... He's already getting a raise! He's been picking up and becoming lead on a lot of their projects, and after they just released this last program they'd been working on since Nate started, Scott said he was getting a raise -- AND as if that wasn't good enough news, they talked further about Nate's permanent employment with Weyerhaeuser once his contract is over in June. Basically, Scott told him it looked pretty promising that he'd be getting on permanently at that time.

The coast was great! We stayed in Florence. The sun was out, sky a blanket of blue. Maysen was so excited (it's getting more fun and more fun to take him because he's finally "getting" what the coast is and what it's about). Of course it was evening by then and it's always about 10 degrees cooler right out on the beach, so we all had our jackets on. Maysen had his new sunglasses on and his hood up and he could do nothing but jibber-jabber 100mph about this and that and we'd occasionally hear a squeal as he balled his fists up from excitement. On our way home yesterday, however, was an adventure and a half. It's about 1.5hrs from our house to the beach, so I told Nate before we got to the beach that I wanted to stay as dry and clean as we could so we wouldn't have to drive home cold/wet/sandy. It was about 68F and sunny ... No wind. Perfect beach weather! Maysen immediately ran to a low-tide puddle and jumped in, feet first. Of course it was nothing but a 3" deep puddle, but his shoes/socks were goners. So, we took his shoes off. About 10min later, we were standing looking at the water right along the water's edge when a huge wave came in and we couldn't run away fast enough. So there goes my bottom half of my pants/shoes and Maysen saw the wave and just sat down. So it washed around him and all of his clothes were soaked. Long story short, within 20min we were all soaked ... sandy ... and dirty. Of course we had already checked out of our hotel and I was about breaking out in hives thinking of us driving all the way home in this condition. We thought about hitting up a campground close by and using their bath house to wash up, but weren't sure where there was one, and if it had shower facilities. At last avail, my husband remembered from the night before that the indoor pool area had showers ... and he still had a card-key in his wallet. So, we went there and THANK GOD it still worked. We went in and showered up good as new. Maysen and I had tons of sand down our butt cracks. Every time I'd try and wash his out, he'd start just giggggggling, then I couldn't help but giggle. We were a sight!

It was a good get-away. Of course this morning I washed/vacuumed/carpet-cleaned my van to get it back into shape. Can't stand a dirty vehicle. So, I peeked in Nate's truck. Oh. My. Nate's car seat for Maysen has a cup holder (yea .. a CUP HOLDER) attached to it. Well, Nate pours Maysen's Honey grahams in it, and lets Maysen fetch crackers out one by one. Well, I look in and there's whole crackers, half crackers, and cracker dust EVERYWHERE! I said "What the heck happened?!" and he said "Oh no, honey. I have been scared to death you'd look in my truck and see that mess, I'm sorry" (because he knows my OCD personality with clean vehicles). So that was my morning ... washing vehicles. Oh and patching up Bailey's acid-strong pee spots in the grass. I'm not sure what the hell is up with that. We started getting these dead spots where Bailey would pee ... so I had to hand-till those areas up and use "Patch Fixer" and hopefully new grass will grow. So we're trying to "train" Bailey to pee/poop in a certain area that's mulched - not grass. She just looks at me like "Rrrrrright" and I can relate - it'd be like someone telling me to pee while I was laying down, I don't think I could. Hopefully we'll prevail!

I'm not sure if I'll be working tomorrow or not. Should be except that Dr D started passing a kidney stone last Monday, so he had lithotripsy on Thursday in which they placed a stent at that time. He wasn't sure how passing the fragments was going to go over the weekend. If bad, he wouldn't be at work tomorrow. So far I haven't heard so he must be doing OK. He actually had the attack at work last Monday, and I can honestly say I was impressed at how white his butt really was. Ok, so why did I see his butt? I had to give him a massive Demerol injection. Yea, that was kind of weird ... giving your boss a shot in the ass. But hey - getting to see him vulnerable was sort of a change. Happy Monday tomorrow ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time! I want to go next time. :-)

Jenn