Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gate to the past

This is my new little garden. My mother-in-law, Bobbi, and I went to shop for antiques yesterday where I found this cute little blue bench and a piece of old farmhouse fence. I made a small raised flower bed right underneath the small piece of old fence, which I nailed to our real fence 6" off the ground. Notice it's 102 outside on my outside thermometer. But it was a lot of fun creating this cute little retreat from just a blah little flower bed. I also planted some new flowers up front and removed a shaggy yellow-flower producing shrub from the back. Little did my neighbors know I was outside in only a sports bra and shorts, occasionally soaking down with the hose the whole time I was doing this. This of course was to prevent the heat stroke that was just around the corner!

Last year at this time of (hot) year, our dog Bailey had her first Addisonian crisis. She's starting to exhibit a few of the same signs of another one to come. Goody ... because the last one cost me $600. I am fearful if she has another one, we might have to put her down. She's on daily Prednisone and $60/month injections, but in times of increased stress she can go into a crisis mode because her body doesn't make the normal steriod level to maintain balance in times of stress ... hence the daily/monthly supplementation.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute, Les. :) I love it!

Jenn