Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wedded Bliss.

In October my sister will be getting married. I'm very excited for her and Matt. However, I have to admit that I am a bit nervous for this upcoming event. Mainly because my parents have been divorced for about 9 years now. My dad and step mom will be flying in from Florida, as will my dad's mom from Iowa. My mom says she plans on being there as well. She is disabled with multiple sclerosis so it is a challenge getting her from place to place. So, I am a bit unsure of where she is planning on staying and how she plans to get around, as she has no one else in the state of Oregon except Jennifer and I. My dad/Jo and grandmother will be staying with me in Eugene, and as expected, Jenn is going to be mondo stressed and busy in Portland. What makes the situatioin even more complicated than merely where will she stay and how will she get around, is the fact that my mom is in deep denial over the divorce (still) and we play a constant game of "What's your dad's email address? I want him back". So I can only imagine what a)getting us all together as a family for the first time since the divorce b) in a church c) for a wedding, will be like. I guess we'll really see if she even makes it. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't come. She didn't come to my wedding because it was "too hot outside".

No comments: