Sunday, June 25, 2006

Re-run on TVLand

UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS POST: Oh. My. God. Talk about a living nightmare. I have had a spectacular weekend, folks! Please read this before reading further. Having said that, today's plan was to take back the 42" Plasma. We had bought the 32" LCD screen TV at another store last night with plans to take the plasma TV back today. So we load that big hummer up in the truck and head back. I'm waiting for Nathan to come back to the truck, when I look he's standing next to the window with that "You've got to be F'ing kidding me" look in his face. This lovely store we bought the TV from very conveniently in small print on their receipt have "Returns only good for store credit". Yeaaaaaaa. Right. Not ONE word was mentioned about that yesterday at the store. In fact, all the salesman said was "Keep your box and within 30 days if it's not working for you or you don't like it, bring it back". Yea, bring it back because this is the only place you CAN shop at now that we have your money! I was pissed. After telling the salesman, Scott, what I thought of him and that store, he said there was nothing else he could do. I proceeded to inform him that there was something, in fact, more that he could do for me: He could shove the TV and the store up his ass. He said "Wow. Quite the mouth, young lady" at which point I informed him that he hadn't heard anything yet. I called the district manager, Wade, to tell him what I thought of their lovely policy and even went as rash as contimplating just calling VISA and having them cancel my transaction. It was then Wade came to his senses and worked out a "deal" with me. I could go pick out the TV I wanted at the store and he would credit my card the difference in the TVs. I go back to the store and the shell shocked men sort of just looked at me. I picked out the TV I wanted and told Scott, who I had asked to shove various things up his ass, this was what I wanted and what Wade had said. So, I now have a THIRD TV, but I made the best out of a pretty crappy situation. I'm exhausted. Where did my weekend go?

No comments: