Monday, June 12, 2006

Si!

Nate graduated (FINALLY!) on Saturday with his degree in Computer Software Design. He starts working at Weyerhaeuser next Monday. He's very thrilled to actually be done with the neverending late nights sitting up with his nerd-light on "coding" all night. The graduation was Saturday afternoon. I gotta tell you ... trying to keep an 18mo old occupied while you listen to Jose not only give his 10min speech in English, but turn around and TRANSLATE that hummer into Spanish (yea, can you believe that!?) was IMPOSSIBLE! Maysen and I ended up touring the grounds acouple of times waiting for Nate's name/degree to be announced. Uncle Matt tried to keep him entertained with a (painful) game of JUMP! on his legs, which Maysen thought was absolutely great as he jumped harder and faster nearly giving Matt bilateral femur fractures! That, and I took my turn fetching various items such as sippy cup and his Beanie Dog out of the aisle as he chose to heave them into it, hoping that would give him a motive of escape (because I usually make HIM go pick up the things he throws). Afterward we had a nice turn out of family and friends who came for BBQ and cake. Ironically, my dad sent Nate a Happy Graduation card. The only thing is, (and you have to know my dad) the entire card was in Spanish. There was no return address to the envelope or anything. At the end of the card, the only closing was "Si!". That's it. We knew right away it was from my dad and Jo. Crazy kids.

Sunday I went to an afternoon tea/dinner for my new niece, Miranda in Albany. It was a small turn out, but we had some good chatting. Just made for a LLLLLong weekend. Then I come to work today. Dr J left for vacation to Russia over the weekend. We cover when Dr J is on vacation. We cover paperwork, patient load, procedures, prescriptions, lab results, everything! And today is Day 1 on vacation-coverage and it's been a NIGHTMARE. Just what I want after my weekend. But, I have tomorrow off, then work Wednesday, then off Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues because Nate and I are heading for Willow Creek, CA (the Redwoods). It was our 6yr anniversary while Nate was walking across the stage on Saturday. So, we're celebrating both ... CHILDLESS! I'm hoping my house doesn't burn down while we're away, because Jenn and Matt are house/babysitting. Ha ha. Just kiddin' guys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Nate for graduating!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I am still worried about who will change "the bean's" diaper.

Maybe Jenn and Matt should have a trial run before you and nate leave! haha