Tuesday, May 9, 2006

I have had a nice last few days off. I only work tomorrow and Friday this week, which is nice. We have been doing more home work, as you can see at the right. This afternoon we are having our front porch and back deck restained. The deal was, is that we would have it ready to go before staining, so that is what we have been doing. I actually ran a FLOOR SANDER (you can see it there). I felt a bit man-like by running it, but hey, had to get it done. Today will be staining and at the end of the week the painters will start the painting of the exterior. We're doing a grey/green with white trim. And I'm having my front door painted red. Will post the final product pictures when it's all done, which should be late next week.

Nate's interview with Weyerhaeuser on last Friday went great! (see post below). The job he would be doing sounds really cool, but apparently is slightly *hush hush* at this point due to being in mid-developement. But, I think he'll like it alot. The interview Friday lasted 1.5hrs and yesterday they called wanting to meet with him again tomorrow at 1pm. I'm almost positive they'll be offering him a job. The only thing we are hesitant on is that most larger companies have now merged to offering 1yr contract with prospect of permanent employment thereafter. That's fine except that I don't like the fact that they have no obligation to you after 1yr and could be jobless thereafter. Then sometimes they don't offer benefits. The goal is me being able to quit my job and be home with Maysen full time ... but if there's no benefits, and potentially no job after 1yr, I don't know how comfortable I am with that. So, Nathan will vocalize his concerns to them tomorrow, if they offer him a job.

One thing I'm excited for is we have made reservations for a weekend getaway June 15th to the Redwoods in a cozy riverside bungalow. We're going to stay in the bungalow by the river ... outside shower with open top, which I can't wait for. My fondest memories of growing up with summers at Cedar Bluff Lake were the open roofed showers. After a long day of sand, wind, and water it would all wash away while I stared up at the open sky of stars standing in the warm water. Jenn and Matt are going to get a crash course in parenting by baby/house sitting for us that weekend. Know what's funny? Neither one have ever changed a poopy diaper!! We'll leave the garden hose hooked up for you in the back, Matt. Just hose it off.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow with Nate's "meeting" with Weyerhaeuser.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've changed diapers before. I used to babysit for a kid who wore them. That was a long time ago, though.

Anonymous said...

WE CAN DO EET!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Oh really, Matt? I didn't know you were a pro! You need to show your skills more ;-)

Les