Thursday, May 18, 2006

After


The painting was finished yesterday. Perfect weather for painting; sunny, no wind and about 86F. You can't tell very well with this picture, but my front door is red. It's behind the screen door. But, I love how it turned out. So nice sitting outside on the front porch and be able to watch Maysen push his toy lawn mower around in the quiet street. And I promised an "after" picture of the deck, too. Before it was rather overstained, scratched, and dingy. Now it's a brilliant cherry cedar color and looks fresh.

I got a call from my Nate's brother that my sister in law is having her baby today. She went from the Dr's office to the hospital to have her water broke. If the baby comes before 5pm we'll go to Albany (where they are, about 50mi from here). Otherwise we won't be able to go tonight, as I have to work tomorrow and Maysen won't be able to stay up that late. If we don't go tonight, then we'll have to wait until Sunday; we're having company this weekend and we'll go Sunday afternoon.

I'm going to go out and sit in the sun and try and finish In Cold Blood. I'm trying to get my albino-white legs some color!

UPDATE: I have a new niece as of this evening! Welcome to the world, Miranda Cory Mae Scovil | 8:37pm | 7lb 3oz, 19". Little sister to Jonas Roger, 3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the house looks great! It's a really pretty color and makes it really pop. :-)

Jenn