Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Lucky Tuesday

This is how my day started out. And it only got worse from here. So, this was toilet paper roll #2 of the day. Why I decided to actually get out and shop after this, is beyond me. I should have known. I ask Maysen if he wants to go "bye-bye", he runs to the back door. I forget my list, so I go back to get it, he had managed to get out the back door and by the time I got back there, he was out the door, out the garage, and in the street (good thing we live at the end of a non-busy cul-de-sac). So, I chase him down the street, grab him, and as I'm coming into the garage from our slanted drive way, my 1" heeled shoes slip on the uneveness of our garage/driveway and I roll my right foot, carrying Maysen. So, down I go like rock, flinging Maysen across the garage as I go down. I hear the dreaded "pop/snap" and sudden pain. GREAT! Maysen's losing it and I can't get up. Long story short, I get up ... manage to put some weight on it. So, here I sit. On pain medication ... swollen and bruised foot. Any of the 26 bones in my foot could be broken, or just a bad sprain. So, what if one is broken? Nothing. Many fractures don't even require a cast. Usually rest, elevation, pain meds. So, I have to work tomorrow. I'll probably have my doctor xray it tomorrow (who works in my office) just to see. Maybe do triage tomorrow I can rest/elevate it. Luckily, I have the rest of the week off after tomorrow. Friday Dr D is going to a conference in Stanford.

So, then I come inside, limping around and Bailey (our basset hound) starts spontaniously starts yiping in pain. She has Addison's Disease, which requires daily Prednisone and Percorten injections every 28 days. Her yiping is usually due to stomach cramping, signaling her need for her Percorten shot early, which was due on Saturday. So, that was a challenge trying to rig her around for a shot in my condition.

Wee! I love pain medication. Going to go zzzZZZZzzz now. Oh, and Maysen pulled one of the keys off our iBook and I can't get it back on. Added bonus #4 of the day.

No comments: