Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Reflecting back to this very time last year, I wouldn't have fathomed all that would occur over the next 365 days. Today I sit and ponder the same thing. If you take in the thought that literally anything is possible, it's mindblowing. Last year here are just a few things that happened that swayed our life in one way or another:


  1. Griffin got seriously ill.
  2. Then he got better, and through the year has proven to have beaten and surpassed the illness and any of it's potentially harmful effects.
  3. Nathan got very ill same time as Griffin - trying everyone's faith, hope, and patience.
  4. Nathan, too, recovered fully with amazing speed. God is good!
  5. Nate got hired full-time at Weyerhaeuser in February and is in love and at "home" with his new job.
  6. We put our house on the market so that we could obtain a bigger home ... and that plan flopped. Must not be the right time.
  7. Maysen became POTTY TRAINED!
  8. We historically elected the first black president into office.
  9. Our country is suffering a major economic recession. It certainly has taught me how to budget more effectively, as just affording gas (at almost $5/gallon) became a challenge.
  10. Last but not least, this year I was a mommy to two little boys - two brothers, one in which I have to keep from killing the other. Being a mommy to two is a whole lot different than being a mommy to one!

So, what now? I just hold on for the ride and pray that I will make it through whatever comes our way within the next year. I pray that our economy starts to get repaired. I pray that our new president brings the new and complicated changes that our country desperately needs (and I pray for his sanity!). I pray for health, wellness, and prosperity for all of my family. Lastly ... not matter what happens, I continue to pray for strength and happiness.

Here's to all of you on your journey through 2009. Thanks for being with me during the last 365 days ... and I hope you'll pop in on my next 365. Although the road could get bumpy, sometimes the bumps are more important than the good, smooth parts.

No comments: