Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Barack Obama is here.

History class was never my thing. I couldn’t have cared less. So to think I might actually be a part of history was never a consideration. Until yesterday. Yesterday I became a part of an era of Change. An era of New Beginnings. I believe to the center of my being that President Barack Obama is what we, as a country, need. We have let go of so many of the morals we used to stand behind, weakened ourselves as a nation, and lost our way as a whole. I believe that yesterday, that changed.

I remember in my (dreaded) history class, learning about Martin Luther King, Jr. and what Rosa Parks went through just to prove a point. I remember thinking, “All that because of the color of their skin?” Yet, even thinking that, I never considered there being a black president. I am still amazed and grateful that I have lived to see that change, to feel that change. I’m even more grateful to know that my children will be learning about this historic change and to see that no matter how high the wall is, it can always be overcome.

I know it will be a hard road. I don’t think anyone is fooled that overcoming the challenges set forth by past leadership will be easy. But I think we have just the man to do it. I thank him prematurely for changing this Nation….but I thank him even more for changing the course of my children’s lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing isn't it. We have hope too! This President seems to have a way about him that encourages people to reach out and be apart of this new era. God speed President Obama.