Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I have a small confession ...

I have been known to have these little spiffs of “unhappiness” I guess you could call it with some of my decorating techniques. I wouldn’t say “unhappy” … I just feel unrested so I continue to look for something that might work better. We’ve been through 3 sets of living room furniture in 2 years. Some might think that’s stupid, but I actually sold each previous set for more than what I bought it for. So it worked out … and we’re settled in the living room furniture department.

And just when my mother-in-law thought the illness was over (she laughs at me), it continues. And that continues in my bedroom. I have yet to find an adequate replacement of our bedroom comforter that we had to retire last year. You’ll remember this one ….

But it was white. And when you have a 3-4yr old who eats popcorn on our bed while watching various Noggin shows.... Well, I didn’t like the $30 dry cleaning tab. So, I found this one, on a ridiculous sale, and I’ve always liked the cocoa brown/baby blue gig.

This picture stinks because the comforter seems white, but its really blue. A light baby blue but darker. Best part? I can wash it in my own washing machine ... no dry cleaning! And I won't even feel guilty for how cheap I got it. I also took the mirror off the wall and painted the gold frame to a cocoa brown, matching the browns. I even took those wall sconces next to the mirror off the wall, removed the glass and painted the backing that same brown instead of black. I got a little Martha itch in me I guess. I also took the time to play DOCTOR and stitch up Sam from Dr Suess for Maysen. I’ve had a busy day.

I have some trips planned coming up. Starting with a train ride to Seattle for the weekend with my sister in law. I've never been except when we boarded our ship to Alaska, so it's not like we toured the city. We'll stay the weekend, take a ferry to Victoria Island and play around without kids or men. Should be fun! Then we are coming with Jessica and Josh for Memorial Day .. and then having a Condo-girl time in July when our men go on a hiking trip, hopefully taking Jonas and Maysen with them. This weekend should be nice as we'll be minus one boy for a might. Mom has asked to take Maysen and have him spend the night Friday and then they're going to go watch my other nephew play basketball. Hopefully getting to watch DeShawn play on a team will show Maysen how big boys act on a team. He's going to love it!

Tomorrow night we're having dinner with some new friends - I met D at Bunco a few months ago and she and I have a lot in common. We've had coffee once and chatted but tomorrow night R is fixing us ribs! (I'm a rib-virgin .. never had them). The boys will meet and do their boy talk. So I'm excited about that, so I'd better get to bed. I'm such a night owl...(or should I read a few more pages of Twilight? .. Jessica??..hehe).

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't wait for our busy summer. It is going to be a lot of fun. Nice room! Wish I could do it more! Twilight is always a good option.
:)

Anonymous said...

Love the new bed set! You little Martha S. you......ha ha. Looks great. Now, what did you do with your old one (all of 8 mo. old). I'm in the mood for something different so hand it down......ha ha ha. Kidding....... you haven't changed your dining room in awhile! :o)...ha ha.... gotta give you a hard time.