Friday, November 7, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Wow. What a week this has turned out to be. again, just another version of the rollercoaster that is my life :-)

THE HOUSE
Our house is officially OFF the market as of this week. We had signed a 4-month contract with our realtor and sadly, that has come to a close. The rain has set in on Oregon and the holidays are approaching. Therefore our hopes for a new and bigger house by the holiday season must come to a close. We are going to try again in the spring when things aren't so dead and we can hopefully raise the price again on the house. (Thanks Economy!) We're going to try and sell it on our own again, but if need be we'll "study" our realtors before listing with another deadbeat realtor ...

THE SICKNESS
Last week Maysen came down with what was presumably pink eye. I had some tobramycin eye drops left over from a bout in June. Of course pink eye ran rampant in the house and this week, Maysen's eyes weren't looking better. Thinking he had a resistant form of pink eye, we went back to the doctor on Thurs. "Oh really? You don't say" was my reaction to the statement "He has a double ear infection AND sinus infection .. the pink eye is merely secondary". HM! Considering Griffin had similar "cold-like" symptoms all week she peeked in his ears. Yep! Double ear infection. So both lads are on the bubble-gum tasting (YEA RIGHT) antibiotics for 10 days.

Then last night I started a really nasty migraine. One of those "my body hurts and the lights hurt my eyes ... I'm getting nauseated" headaches. I even slept on the couch upright as to ward off the headaches. You see, today was the "DAY OUT" (see below) and I didn't want to be sick for this day. I was willing myself to be well. The big D (I think you get it) set in this morning and I was pouring in the Imodium in faster than it was coming out in hopes to plug the system. I started feeling better mid-day but as I write to you now, I'm back to feeling dumpy and gaining a bit of a fever (100.2).

DAY OUT
Maysen is having a sleep over at Bob & Bonnie's tonight, which has been planned since last week. They invited him a while back while Bob was recovering from surgery, and when I really let them know he could have them whenever, this weekend was confirmed. With the help of Nate's mom who watched Griffin this afternoon (which his walking took off at Mom's house so it was nice they got to see him walk! He walked probably 4 feet without holding onto anything -- all after Poppi's mustache!), Nate and I got pretty much ALL (yes, I said A.L.L.) of our Christmas/birthday shopping done. In the month of November and December we have 6 birthdays and of course Christmas to shop for, so it gets crazy fast! Of course I wasn't feeling all that up to par, but since it was such a rare opportunity to get that done, I swallowed my pain to get the day done.

DAY OUT #2
This weekend was to be Jessica and I's weekend getaway to the condo in Bend. Things didn't work out like we had hoped with childcare, so we had to cancel the condo, but instead reserved a couple of hours at the Day Spa where Jessica lives. I am seriously hopeful that my poopies don't interfere with this day tomorrow. However, I don't want to get any one else sick too...

And with that, I am heading to bed. I've taken some nice Advil in hopes my aches go away ...

2 comments:

L&D said...

I love the way we as nurses self diagnose and diagnose everyone else around us. Hee hee. And sometimes they don't even know it. Silly silly people.

Jessica said...

You and I have had the worse week possible with sick children and not feeling up to par our selfs. Funny how that has worked out this week. I guess this is our way to see why things didn't work out with us going to the condo. Well I hope you feel better now. Love you!