Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bowling Bash

Do you remember birthday parties when you were small? If so, how far can you go back? My earliest memory was of my SISTER’s birthday party, and I was about 4. My birthday is in July so my birthday memories included overnight slumber parties and going to the County Fair. I then wonder, will Maysen or Griffin remember these early birthday parties we throw for them? I sure hope so!

Sunday we had Maysen’s bowling party, complete with customized "Birthday Bash" t-shirts for the kids to sport. It was a lot of fun!! Jessica came over the day before while the boys (men, I should say) went to the UofO vs Arizona game. Yes; we wrangled all 4 kids all day while the boys were gone. That did include 3 soaked kids coming in from outside after turning on a “secret” faucet on the side of the house. Yes, in 45 degree weather – all 3 kids on antibiotics for some illness or another. Jessica and I made the cake/cupcakes for M’s party and it turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself!!

Jonas spent the night with us that night and man are those 2 boys like girls! Maysen and him stayed up talking until about 9:30pm until we finally had to separate the exhausted boys and both were out like lights. We had put Jonas in our room so when we went to bed, we put him back in Maysen’s room. At about 4:00am I got up to go to the bathroom and I see the lights on at the end of the hall. I thought “No way” … sure enough those boys were up … 4:00 am … playing with Transformers! So, to the couch Maysen went and they both slept in until 9:00am.

Jenn and Jessica showed up early to come help me set up at the bowling alley. It was great having their help. Everyone else showed up right on time at 2:00 and we had about 13 kids in total. It was right on the verge of just enough and too many. Only because 13 kids rolling around bowling, some older were having fun, and the younger ones were getting a tad restless Frame 6 of the game. It was a blast though. Even the adults got a lane and bowled … it was hilarious!


Cake, presents, and arcade games and the party was over. Maysen seemed to really understand and be excited this party so I am hoping this one sticks!

He got some great gifts from everyone - so thanks to everyone again for making this one memorable (and LOUD at our house)! I am, however, thinking about buying stock in Duracell - as I think we'll be part owners of the battery company within the next year. AA batteries, to be exact!

Yesterday turned out to be a crummy day as I’ve been fighting this sinus pressure/infection? for about 4 days. I let it go until yesterday when a raging headache made life unbearable. I woke up almost in tears with this headache and when Maysen came flinging his racecar up on the bed with lights/sirens blazing and me wanting to poke my eyes out with forks, I knew I wasn’t going to make it. I gave it about 3hrs on my own with Tylenol and Advil and everything else in me with no improvement. So, Nate came home and took me into Urgent Care. A sinus xray, IV prednisone, IV pain killers, and 3 hrs later and it was presumed that I had a viral sinus inflammatory process. Today has gone much better although the prednisone makes me want to climb the walls!

Tomorrow we are heading to Baker City to visit Nate’s dad and Mom Sher for an early Thanksgiving. We’ll be gone until Sunday, with neighbors house-sitting. Until then …

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you so much for letting me help with Maysen birthday party. It was so much fun and I can't wait for Fin's first birthday party. Love you!

kelly ens said...

Wow - what a cool party! Four years old - i'll bet it's flown by, right? :)
So I remember you were looking for a wagon with some bigger tires like the one we used at the pumpkin patch. I saw one recently for like $270 (ouch), but then I was at Canadian Tire this week and saw them for $70! So I don't know if that helps at all, considering where you live, but I thought I'd pass that on to you.

Ej said...

It looks like a wonderful party! Well done. Happy birthday Maysen and congrats to Fin on walking!