Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Mase


Dear Mase,

I know that everyone says “Oh I can’t believe how fast it’s gone” but it’s so true. I don’t know where the last 4 years have gone with you, Bean. Just yesterday it was 9:34am and we were excited, scared, nervous, happy, and exhausted all at once. And then you were here! Peeing everywhere and ready to eat – you made your entrance loud and clear! Now here you sit, you've grown out of your cheeks, in preschool, beginning to learn how to write your name (although all you write is “M” and backwards, to boot!), you’re in karate and excelling in that, and you like your jobs around the house like feeding Bay. You are such a little man now it breaks my heart but I am so proud of who and what you are already becoming. You’re starting to be very considerate, too. Your thing right now is to thank me for cooking dinner every night. You sit in your chair and as soon as I hand you your plate you say, “Thanks for cooking supper, mom!” You also will ask dad how his day at work was. I know you don’t care, and maybe it’s because you hear me ask every night but still. To ask just melts our hearts.

This morning I woke you up singing “Happy Birthday”. Last night before you went to sleep, I had told you “when you wake up, you’ll be 4!”. When you opened your eyes, sat straight up, and said “I’m FOUR NOW!?” I made Mickey Mouse pancakes, bacon, and Apple Juice, per your request.

This afternoon you had your birthday party at school (no parents, no pictures). You took mini cupcakes and creatures (snakes, bugs, bats) for party favors. When you came home from school I had invited T over to play. He brought over a birthday gift as he won’t be able to come to your party Sunday. To your delight it was a TransFormer and a new shirt. You guys had that TransFormer out and played with it for 2 hrs! As you can see above, once the TransFormer was apart, it took a computer programmer to put it back together (including instructions!)

When T left, we went to town and met Daddy at Applebees for dinner. He had a table reserved for us with balloons tied to your chair. They don’t sing for your birthday anymore so I rallied the surrounding tables to sing to you …. Ok, I didn’t – but I wanted to! Daddy wouldn’t let me. When we got home we let you open up one present from us – a new pair of McQueen rain boots!!

We are celebrating your birthday on Sunday with family and friends, however today was your true birthday and in my heart I’ve already celebrated. I love you, my Bean.

(These are the T-Shirts I have made for the kids to wear at Maysen's Bowling Party on Sunday ... Maysen has his own "Birthday Boy" I made, but I think these turned out cute!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bean! Your mommy sure is clever and thinks of really fun things to celebrate your day! Wish we could be there for your party. See you next week. Love Grandma Sherrill

Jessica said...

I just can't believe that you are 4. It seems like yesterday that we got a call that you were born. We love you with all our hearts and can't wait to see you this weekend. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a mom!