Friday, July 25, 2008

Dentist

This week has been a long one. Nathan was back in Denver for some leadership training. He and his supervisor went, and while there, his supervisor asked him if he'd like to lead a group of contractors. When Nathan first got out of college he got hired on at W as a 1yr contractor because they were doing some huge massive project. He was one of 20 that were hired for the year. He left after his year and they tracked him down when they were able to hire him fulltime/permanent. Now they've been approved for another huge project, and now Nate's been sorta asked to lead a group of contractors. Huge promotion if that's the case, so that was nice.

While it was great he had a successful time there, that meant that I was home alone with both boys. Needless to say, I have great respect for single mommies. It was an exhausting and trying week. In the middle of it, Maysen had his first "real" dentist appointment. Last week he met Dr Page, but this appointment he actually had a cleaning. The above picture is him having his flouride treatment. He absolutely LOVED it!!! He can't wait to go back!

Another great adventure while Nate was gone, is that Fin's 2 bottom teeth were born. FINALLY. He's been drooling for 2 months so that's finally over with for now.

My birthday was great, by the way. Nate and I snuck away for the afternoon and watched Get Smart (FUN-EEE!), then ate spaghetti. It was short, sweet, and to the point -- I think it has to be that way with 2 kids!

Tomorrow is another Open House. I'm a tad disappointed in our realtor, only because I feel like I have to contact him always. I understand I am a very hard person to work for. I expect a lot, often too much, when I'm paying you for a service. I expect you to call when you say you'll call. I expect you to be 3 steps ahead at all times. For example; "Not this sunday, but next Sunday we'll do another Open House. I'll call you about Wednesday next week to go over details." No call. So finally I email last night. By noon, still nothing (and here it is FRIDAY). So I call, twice, and finally 3pm he returns my call and the open house is TOMORROW. So, things like that. We are in a contract with him until October and if it hasn't sold by then, we'll probably take the house off the market until next spring. I certainly hope it sells, but not holding my breath. There were two lots we wanted to build on, if our house sold .... and one of them is gone. Luckily it was the lesser of our favorite, so the one we would like is still for sale. That was a month ago we found them, so I doubt it'll be around much longer. Torture! The last open house didn't go so hot, so Mike has sent out post cards with our housing information on it to the public (not sure his formula as to who got a card?), and he said he usually gets a good turn out with that. We'll have to see ... One thing is for sure. I'm tired of living in a 'staged' house. It sort of has to be, because realtors can call/come at last moment's notice. But when we pile all our stuff away, it's amazing what I've lost.

Will let you know how tomorrow goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, Bean looks hilarious! I'm glad he didn't freak out.

Ej said...

I hope your house sells soon - we had family stay with us for a few days and I still haven't found everything that I hid ;-) Love the picture of Maysen - who loves fluoride?????