Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Alright ... $20 to the person who guesses right to my diagnosis:

a) kidney infection
b) kidney stone
c) ectopic pregnancy
d) uterine fibroid/cyst post C Section
e) "just a bug"
f) gallbladder/pancreas?
g) flu

.... and that's all I got. Remember the symptoms, my nurse friends: vague peri-umbilical abdominal pain/nausea radiating to lower/mid back during 'attack', which was severe pain with sitting/standing relieved with lying. Continued spotting x 5mo. Post attack is continued intermittent nausea x 2mo, fatigue, headache, and inner irritation to R flank area. Temperature chronically runs around 99.8 (as in, forever now). No vomiting. Weird new factor: engorged grapefruit-sized rash to abdomen with raised borders - swelling to standing 1/4" off abdomen.

There. Diagnose that! (That'll cost me about $450, huh?)

Oh, and as if that wasn't enough: I slipped and fell in my shower today. Nice 5" bruise across my left butt cheek/hip that hurts when I walk ... because all of my fat is bruised and I landed full weight on the bathtub ledge. What is going on!? I swear I've had more crap go on with me in the last 4 months than I have in the last 5 years!! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going with (F). Just send a check!! ha ha.. Love MomSher

Anonymous said...

I'm going d.) I dunno why, it sounds like something that could happen? :P

You can make that payable to Auntie. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well, as a nurse I am laughing at your self diagnoses. I'm surprised you haven't mentioned hyrdonephrosis or some renal cancer. (Not that I think that, just would be the extreme that I'd do to myself!!) But then reality sets in and I'm going with a different answer, too. I am thinking it's kidney related, such as small stone or infection.

Amy~

Anonymous said...

Looks like Amy gets the check!! She was "almost" right on.:o) Mom Sher