Sunday, February 25, 2007

To Buy or Not to Buy.

Ok - most of the time I believe I can give relatively sound advise. If someone were to ask me what to do, I'd say they were nuts. Why? We're considering buying a 2004 BMW 325i. Why? Because it's a really good deal through a private seller, we've both always wanted one, we're in a position to afford one (although one could argue that money could be going to more useful places ... true? Sure.), it would be nice to have a 3rd vehicle to lighten the load of commuting on Nate's truck and my van, not to mention cheaper in gas because my van and Nate's truck aren't exactly 28 miles per gallon vehicles.

The responsible part of me says I'm nuts because I could be saving $$$ toward a new house in acouple of years, or saving in general, etc. Now we have no car payments, but now we'll have one. But when is it time to splurge and have fun? Ever? Or when becoming a parent and growing up does that mean you can't do that anymore?

3 comments:

L&D said...

Ya, I just put in $3000 to my piece of crap car....so I'm not one to give any advice in this area.

Ej said...

Zoom Zoom!

Anonymous said...

OK.....but, I get to drive it when I'm in town......hee hee.