Sunday, November 26, 2006

Yipee!

Today was Bean's first bowling experience. I have admit - it went better than I thought. We only got to play one game, as by the end he was unamused. The challenge was keeping him to his own ball and not running around stealing everyone else's bowling balls. We were on the end lane and he made a dead sprint along the side and toward the back where the machines are that run the pin-layer things. Yea, that was a mortifying moment!

Thanksgiving on Thursday was nice and quiet. My sister from Portland came as well as Nathan's mom and step dad. And that was it! We had ham, green bean casserole, potatoes, rolls, pea salad, cherry and chocolate pie. We had a great bottle of pinot noir and ended the night with a big game of poker ... my mother in law always kicks our butts!

Traditionally we put up our tree and Christmas decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving. Is it me, or did Christmas come WAY to early this year? I just couldn't bring myself to start decorating this weekend. We've decided we're getting a "real" tree this year, and having a 2yr old I think it's smart to wait a bit before I submit myself to a whole month of fighting him on that tree. So, the plan is to get a tree and start decorating next weekend. We'll see. Right now this sounds good to me:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little man!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Maysen looks so grown up with his "big boy" hair cut. Looks like bowling may be his sport :o)