Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Upcoming Party 11/11

Mommy and Maysen at the pumpkin patch 10/20/06
My baby will be turning TWO on Monday. I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed as his birthday party creeps closer and closer to Saturday afternoon. I hope enough kids come for him (which will only at this point be cousins) and I bought treats and have seperate tables planned. Trucks/cars for the homemade race track for the boys ... and play dough/stamps on another for the girls. Do that for a bit ... then I got some pin the hat on the fireman (sounds like a bachelorette game) .. but it involved firetrucks. We'll see how that one flies. Then of course is the decorating.... Um... how? I'm going to ask if my father in law can get balloons filled with helium so they're floating ... that'll be an attraction with my vaulted ceilings. Then a scavenger hunt for crap I found at the dollar store but fun stuff (you can find some real fun stuff there). Hopefully nice to do it in the backyard ... but if it's too rainy we'll just do it around the house. He's 2 ... so we don't need some 3hr ordeal going on. And limited space...in my 1400 sqft house. For the cake ... I'm getting just a regular sheet cake, but then I'm making cupcakes for the kids to decorate on their own. Multiple frostings, sprinkles, colors, etc. That'll be fun, I think. And call it a day. The DVD Cars is out, hope to get that and have it playing when kids show up ... as a background theme/music. His theme is plainly cars, trucks, and planes. Tomorrow I need to get the main cake ordered from a store near where I work ... pick it up Friday. Bring exam table paper home ... to draw race track. I need a to do list. I'll do that tomorrow. Rambling now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Bean Saturday!

Auntie