Monday, September 25, 2006

New things:

So, what's new in my life? I haven't written in awhile. Little things here and there, but it's worth keeping everyone squared away on what home improvement project I completed on what day!

1) Hung new basswood blinds in our bathroom. Got rid of the old crappy vinyl blinds - and man! What a difference! Really brings the room together.

2) Our house appraises for $35000 more than what we bought it for in October 2005.

3) My sister's wedding for October is cancelled. Long story - well. Sort of. Complicated and confusing is more like it. We used to talk 194 times a day and we no longer talk anymore. Sad, considering how family oriented (considering she's all I really have left in my family) she used to be with me, Maysen, and Nate. I fear that phase is over.

4) Maysen's vocabulary has exploded and now includes things like: butterfly, Jurny (cousin), potty, water, bath, night-night, juice, shoes, socks, movie, stop it (sign language), do it, got you, poopy (that's a fun one) ... and it amazes me how I could look at him and say just about anything and he'll know exactly what I'm saying. Well, anything but "Do you know why Columbus thought the world was flat?" ... he might not know that one ... yet.

5) We changed bathroom light fixtures this weekend from the old generic cheapo ones to more elegant bright ones. That actually included cutting the power off and messing with cords/wires and stuff. Mrs Bob Vila again ... I held the flashlight. Does that count?

6) Got my house decorated for fall - will post pics later.

7) Getting ready to redecorate Maysen's room for his Big Boy 2nd birthday. Theme is Planes, Trains, and Trucks. Planning of the 2nd birthday is still in the works. Oh. And there's Halloween. I think we're doing Superman?

And that's all I know. (I think).

No comments: