Sunday, October 8, 2006

Tonight my dad, stepmom, and grandma all arrived to my house safe and sound. My dad and stepmom came from Florida .. and my grandma (my dad's mom) came from Iowa. This trip was anticipated for my sister's wedding that was to have been taken place on Saturday. As many of you know, that is not happening any longer. However, my family still came up, arriving today. It has been fun, because my grandmother ("Nana" to Maysen) has never seen Maysen before so it was nice to finally have her meet her great grandson. Maysen has been through all of his tricks. (it's almost like having a dog show all of their tricks ... "come on Maysen, say 'allllll aboard'"). we had a nice dinner and it was nice catching up. It's been since April that I've seen my dad and Jo, and since 2003 that I've seen my grandma.

Tomorrow we're heading to the coast, which is about a 2hr drive to where we are going. My dad and Jo used to work in Lincoln City for 2 winters. They're semi-retired and travel managing RV resorts/parks along their way. So, they want to go back and visit everyone back there. Maysen loves the coast, but it's getting cold so it won't be as nice as the warm/sunny days like summer. On Friday everyone (except Nate, Maysen, and I) are going to Crater Lake. Saturday we're all going to the pumpkin patch for Maysen to pick out pumkins. Jenn is planning on coming down that day to visit everyone.

.... UPDATE: today is 1/24/2016: I just ran across this post today, unfinished. I felt it was only proper to publish it just the way it was ...

No comments: