Tuesday, October 3, 2006


A few nights ago, Maysen started crawling out of his crib. He'd come waltzing out of his room carrying his blankets like "Here I am, whatcha guys doin?" He crawled out three times that night, and we knew it was time. His crib is 3-in-1 crib, where it can be transformed.This past weekend we took the front part of Maysen's crib off and put up his side rails. It now looks like a small day bed than a crib. For Maysen's 2nd birthday we have started transforming his nursery into a big-boy room. His theme is Planes, Trains, and Trucks. He got new curtains, bedding, his own pillow, lamp, and decor. On Saturday we got his room painted and next weekend we're putting Waines coating painted white half way up the wall.

This is night 2 of the big-boy-bed. Last night we had melt down for about a hour with about 5 repititions of having to put him back in his room. Once he waltzed out totally naked. I'm not sure what this new fetish is, because he did it today, too, during nap time. I checked on him and he was passed out - buck naked. I'm hoping this isn't a continuing trend ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He likes being 'free', if you will. ;-)

Jenn

Anonymous said...

That is funny - says the mom who's kid hasn't done that...yet ;-)

Leslie said...

EJ - it's STILL funny. Have you noticed (or maybe not) that the hardest part of childraising at this age is trying not to laugh at what they're doing? Some of it is so hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have noticed. It is so hard to be 'the parent' when I just want to laugh. I now know why there are so many little terrors out there. How do you be the 'adult' when you are laughing like a loon?? Thankfully they won't remember much of this time when they're older so maybe there is hope :)

Leslie said...

I know ... I have to usually turn my head, but he has picked up to what my shoulder bobbing is ... mom's laughing! So, he starts laughing like "I knew I was funny!"