Sunday, October 29, 2006

Married ... again.

I'm a lucky girl - I got new wedding rings this weekend!! Sort of an upgrade. I actually took a picture of it, but it looked super funky. You can't use the flash, so it's all dark and weird looking. I'll try and get a better one to post.

My wedding ring was nice ... but the upkeep you're required to do to keep the lifetime warrantee fell short when we moved away from Kansas. In the meantime, a bagguette on one side of my main stone cracked. My prongs holding my marquis were weak and needed replaced. I never had a wedding band that "went" with my engagement ring - and finding one was difficult. The band I've had for years ended up missing about 6mo ago. I've checked drawers, toyboxes, toilet, drain ... and it's nowhere. So ... this new wedding set happened because I was in search of a new band. This will be good because I can now actually keep up on the lifetime guarantee requirements not to mention all the other perks that come with it. I was so hard on my other ring - cleaning with it on, showering with it on, you name it! And now I can start anew with this one treating it "right".

So what about the sentiment? Well ... we're having my ring melted down, diamonds taken out and cleaned and a pendant made of out of it that I'll wear on a necklace around my neck. Closer to my heart there, I figure!

Now ... if I could only get another honeymoon out of this whole deal!

No comments: