Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Updates ....




Momma & Mase Beach Trip: We went up on Tuesday, stopped at the market right by the house and got pizza for dinner and soda! That is just what he wanted. We unloaded the van and after he'd inspected the house and put his favorite blanket up on the bed we went down to the beach. He stayed out of the waves and we built volcanos. We had our lunch on the beach and I'm not sure how much sandwich he ate ... I think it was mostly sand. Ugh.


After an hour we were back at the beach house for Shower#1. We made cake, ate cake batter, and while the cake baked we colored and did workbooks ... all while soft music played in the background. Then we did puzzles and it was soon announced we were heading back down to the beach. Away we went and I talked him into a seashell-hunt-walk. Holding ever so tightly he held my hand careful not to let the waves get him (had a scare last time we were at the beach). Then we buried Mase' legs/feet in the sand and Maysen put his shoes on the sand and he thought it was hysterical. There was an older boy behind us that buried his whole body and Mase was all concerned. :)

We made it back up to the beachhouse in time for dinner and a movie (Shrek). Maysen got cake and frosting and pizza. Happy boy! Before bed, we went to the park in the community and blew bubbles and played on the playground. He went to sleep relatively easy after we read stories and then I got some quiet time. It was a great time just him and I. I am hoping to make that a yearly ritual.

Boys Camping Trip
Nate and Maysen went camping shortly after I returned from the coast with Maysen. I had my 29th birthday the day before they left. Jenn was in town and we had a good time. Last year in my 20s! Anyway, our poor cat Birdie hasn't been doing well and we had got a new prescription of meds that might save her life, but they needed to be given 3 times a day. I had been planning on going up to Bend to spend time with my step motherinlaw and my sis in law. But in light of Birdie's condition and her new meds, I had to stay home to take care of her. I kept Griffin here so I got some quiet/one-on-one time with just him too and that was nice. The boys had a great time, came back sunburned (nate) tanned (mase) and eaten alive (both!). I flinched at the idea they didn't wear PJs camping ... I'm sooo not a camper. The boys came home after day 4 covered in dirt and filth and they had a blast. Tired, but a blast.

While hiking down the mountain, Nate experienced that seemed to be something out of the twilight zone. You see, as he started down, he noticed the rubber front off the tips of his boots came undone. By the time he got down the mountain it looked as though he was no longer wearing HIKING BOOTS, but rather leather moccasins! They just fell completley apart! I laughed so hard I peed! Poor Nate ...

Birdie
2nd round of pneumonia. We have figured out it is a herpes infection that causes a secondary infection. So her new medicine was a new antibiotic and Lysine. 3 times a day. She seems to be acting better, but not quick on the weight-gain. She looks like a poor little malnutritioned lion. :(

House
We are going to look into putting our house back up on the market. We're realizing now is the time to get out before our house is worth even less .... and we need more space! I'd love to be able to start building a house of our own ... but we have to sell this one first, so that might be happening in the next coming week...

Mom
If no one knows, my mom is disabled. For the last 7 years or so she has been living in North Carolina with a man who took her under his wing to take care of her. He began to develope his own problems and fell very ill the last few weeks during which his daughter, M, was looking after my mom (who refuses to move closer to us). I got a text today that this man, P, had passed away today. I don't know how that changes things, but I think my life will be taking a different path in the next few weeks/months.

Griffin
The second that the boys left on his camping trip, Fin started spitting out words left and right. He didn't have to compete with Maysen and the words came flooding out. He started saying: Ooops. Ooopsie. Uh-Oh. Wet. Momma. What's That!? It was fun. He needed a lot of attention because his Bubba was gone camping, but we had fun ..

Enough of the updates ...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Les,
Jonas too was eaten a live I ended up taking him to the doctor because the bites turned colors but everything was fine.
Sorry to hear about your moms situation. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do Please let us know...
Fin was just waiting for his big brother to be gone and out came those words... funny little boy. Congrats little man!

L&D said...

Thanks for the updates. Summed up nicely in one post. Well done.