Monday, July 13, 2009

Ahh, my beach house!

Chapter 1: THE BOYS

Griffin: Griffin has successfully been able to bust all 4 I-Teeth out now but they’re slow to come in. He is saying full sentences with inflections, but no words yet. He does say about 15 words independantly and according to Dr U that’s perfect! He had his 18mo check a few weeks ago and nothing to report there except he is slowing some in height. He used to be like 90% in height and Nate was just so sure he was going to be his tall boy … but I am afraid we’re going to have just normal but stout boys. Linebackers maybe? I can’t believe how quick the “Terrible Twos” comes. First of all, the TT theory needs to have a exeception clause that states “…give or take a few…” because lemme tell you. I have an 18mo old already into it …as well as a 4.5yr old who IS STILL IN IT! Griffin will drag out curling irons, crayons (before he munches then shines me the red/yellow/green flecked smile that looks like the homeless woman’s smile who lives downtown – yikes). We are throwing tantrums these days which involve (not always all at once, but it has been known to happen): throwing himself on the floor, kicking, hitting, will run away just to run back and lug into you like you weren’t there, scream and whip his head side-to-side. I can’t even bring myself to laugh anymore because its … that.ridiculous.

Maysen: Ahh, yes. The addendum to the terrible two’s. This one said goodbye to his long-lost best friend for the past year, Treyger. Treyger lived next door and is about 1.5yrs older than Maysen and yesterday they moved to Idaho for better work. T and M have frequented many ‘a backyard for random water gun fights, and I don’t know how many PB& J sandwiches those boys ate in M’s clubhouse. He was a great kid who taught Maysen to draw within the lines and now we have a whole other level of OCD – the color-within-the-lines-or-I-might-break-a-sweat OCD challenge. It’s good, because now his pictures are much more involved passed the simple scribbling.

However, T brought this screaming “AAAAAAAAA” to Maysen’s lifestyle that I absolutely can’t stand. It’s not only the AAAAAAA but it will be incorporated into words. For example: “AAAAAAAAdon’t want to go therereerereerereerereerAAAAAAAA.” Yeah. Brilliance. Now couple that simple wonder with the fact that he won’t listen and we’re talking in 5min I’m having a nervous breakdown. Fact is, the more sneaky Griffin gets the less patience I have with Maysen. Which sucks. It just does. So after a melt down night with him I decided I needed to take just him and get away. So I booked the beach house (in case you were wondering what the random beach house pictures were for) for this Tuesday and we’re going to spend Tues/Wed at the beach. Away from work, house, friends, brother, dad, everyday food (we’re eating nothing but cookie dough according to M). Yep! We’re loading up the kites, bubbles, and books and we’re sneaking away for awhile. I’m honestly very excited.

Then while at swimming lessons last week he got too far away from the side without anyone seeing him and “sunk” as he called it. I looked up finally to see 1 hand sticking out of the water. Poor boy … he was a bit pale and bluish lips, coughed up some water but not too scared to not swim anymore. But it was scary. It can happen so fast!


Chapter 2: Weekend
Went out this weekend with some old and new friends. It was so fun to feel like 21 again … being out with all the youngins! We got such a kick out of watching what I’m sure we looked like once before … the awkward silences between two new couples, the idiots some people make out of trying to dance (No … not ourselves!). It was fun. I actually did it two nights in a row! It was M’s last night in town so I wanted to see it off one last night! Thanks again, though wish I hadn’t ran out so fast .. who know what YOU could have gotten into! We also had my nephew’s 6th birthday party Saturday so that was fun. I think I’ll die when my son is on the “other” end of the decade spectrum.

Chapter 3: Work
Work has been going really well. Once the nurses who took vacation came back my schedule went to right what I wanted. Right now it's 1 afternoon a week, about 5-6hrs. It's perfect. On Thursday they asked me if I'd be interested in working in an upper PACU position. Meaning, I would get the more critical cases that came out of the OR .. I said sure! It will require a couple full-time weeks to get fully trained but I'm excited about the experience that I'll gain from that. I will be getting a longer day - still one day a week, but I'll get more hours out of my one day. Maysen wasn't real keen on me going "back" to work (my day or two) but he's adjusted fine now. Both boys have and I think htey kinda like it now.

With that I will close. I have work, yoga, walking, 2 boys, work other job, laundry, yard work, cleaning, cooking, and many more things this week that I must rest up for. Good night.

No comments: