Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Foster Lake

Our first official family camping trip is complete. Now, I have talked before about my non-desire to seem homeless in the cold woods eating nuts and berries, so this was my type of camping. We had just bought a huge tent to accommodate 6+ people. We fit our queen sized air mattress (complete with down blankets), our port-a-crib, and Maysen's bedding all in this thing. Dad and Jo were traveling through Oregon on their way to their new job in Southern California, so we met them up at Foster Lake near Sweet Home, Oregon. We fished, swam, had fires, and had a really good time.

Ok, I did have some nuts and berries packed away - but it was in cereal form which was housed in Dad's 40ft 5th wheel complete with shower.

Doesn't he look cozy?

Fin actually slept all night long until about 6:00am. But he'd go back to sleep until 8:00am. The only thing that was not-so-desirable is that there was a Weyerhaeuser (the company Nate works for) right near by and .... they work. All. Night. Long. So, we had blazing lights, trucks blaring, and fire alarms (??) going all night. Besides that, we all slept well.

So, let me back up. Although this was a great, fun trip, it was a rough week. On Wednesday I had another "attack" like I did last month. The pain was different and I immediately ruled out kidney stone. It felt like I was having a charlie horse in my uterus. I knew that I needed to get to GYN. Nate rushed home from work and by then the pain had calmed down but I still wasn't feeling well. Thursday I left for camping feeling better, but really sore. I had a call into my doctor, but she wouldn't be in until Friday. They called me back on Friday while camping and they were setting me up with a pelvic/abdominal ultrasound.

We came home on Saturday. Nate took a different way home, since he had his truck there (he had come up after work and I'd been there all day) and he called me about 5 miles from home that the transmission in his truck had gone out. He had called a tow truck and they were on their way. That'll be a nice $2,000 bill - if not more. He had to ride the bus to work yesterday and will be renting a car through his corporate card until his truck is fixed.

Sunday we went to the coast with dad and Jo - their last day here. It was a gorgeous day on the coast and I regretfully didn't take my camera! There was barely any wind, blue sky, and about 70 on the water. We got home around 4:00pm with intentions on going to dinner, when Jo fell ill and had to immediately leave without saying goodbye.I hear she is feeling better, though which I'm thankful for.

I had my ultrasound yesterday and Dr F called me today to let me know that overall it looked ok. I did have a cyst on my left ovary, but it looked intact (hadn't burst or anything). She feels that I am ovulating through my birth control, which could be causing the painful ovulation (because I'm not supposed to ovulate!) that coupled with the cyst. So! We are going to look at changing my BC so I don't ovulate. I know some of you didn't need to know that, but there you go!

Need to leave, as it's time to pick up Nate. I'm so glad we have 2 vehicles ... just wish they both worked! Until next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun! Sorry to hear about Jo, though. :( Hope she's feeling better, I know it was probably hard on her not saying goodbye either. Lets hope you don't get what she got!

I am totally getting you out in the woods with the make-shift pee pee'er. hahahahahaahah! Amy

L&D said...

Looks like a great time. I love that you brought down comforters camping! hee hee.