Monday, August 18, 2008

Commonality

This is Jenn, my sister. One of the things we like to do most in this phase of our lives is go on photo shoots together. This was one was done a few weeks ago when she came up for my birthday. I used to think that to be close and have things in common, that meant that our lives had to have the same things going (husband, kids, house, etc). But, we're sort of at a weird point in our lives where "lives"-wise, we don't have much in common. However, the stronger things that make us sisters is what we have in common - and that is our sense of humor, our hobbies, and what we find AWESOME in movies. Those things will remain no matter what is going on in our lives. I think having a sister is the coolest thing in the world. I have no one else on this planet that I can relate more to -- and that has nothing to do with the fact that we're on different life paths now. It's truly comforting.

I'm excited for her because she has her man (Garrett) here this week from Montreal, Canada. They are going camping and then coming to our house to visit for a night. I'm excited to meet Garrett and let him view the crazies up on this side of the family! MwwwaaHaaaaHaaa!!

I mentioned we went to the beach this weekend to escape the heat. Well, we went from 834 million degrees to 62 and fog on the beach. Yeah, one extreme to the other. I have mentioned before that I am a sick, sick person and actually like the coziness of fog, rain, and cold so it didn't bother me. We had a great outting and before heading home we stopped at to the outlet mall and I totally scored! Who spends $ 57 at Gap and walks away with over 10 items?! Of course that meant today was dedicated to cleaning out closets and getting them rid of too small clothes and the new ones in, which were school/fall clothes for the boys'.

A cold front is moving in bringing much cooler temperatures, which can only mean one thing when you bring massively hot temps and mix it with rain and cooler weather. THUNDERSTORMS! And that means I'm going to go sit on my porch - at 1:00am - and watch the lightshow for a while....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun... I'll be sleeping :o) MomSher