Sunday, April 13, 2008

Return for postage

I worked on Friday, which went amazingly well. It felt so good to get back in the groove of things, among fun people, feeling needed, having adult conversations, and being human again making errors (not too many). The full-time triage nurse is having shoulder surgery so they might need me every Friday for the next 8wks. I still have to talk to Nate and get details figured out, but that would be rather fun, actually.

So, since Nate had the kids on Friday, he had my van and I drove his truck. I had been waiting to get stamps, so I had a pile of mail in my passenger seat that needed mailed.

Me: Where did that huge pile of mail go that was in my seat?

Nate: *Blank uh-oh look* Huh?

Me: That pile of mail. Where is it?

Nate: *proud* Oh! I mailed it for you.

Me: You mailed it? None of them had stamps on them.

Nate: I'm guessing you didn't want them mailed, then.

That'll teach him for being helpful! So, I currently wait and hope that I successfully get each article back.

This weekend was just like summer. It was 70F on Friday, 85F on Saturday, and 70F again today. The clouds have currently rolled in and the rain will be back for a few days, but I forgot how good a sunburn can feel (sometimes). Griffin loved the sun. I had him in the backyard on a blanket (naked) and he just squirmed, talked to the clouds, and looooooked around. On Saturday Maysen had fun with the clan 'o neighbor kids who were all decked out in nothing but bathing suits and barefeet as they took turns running through sprinklers with the aroma of sunscreen floating behind them. It was refreshing watching them as sweat dripped into my eyes, my back ached from pulling weeds, and Nate was covered head to toe in bark 'o mulch. Our yard finally has some color and looks like it just got a giant haircut; the fresh/groomed look is back.

On a fund-raising note: I got the storage company in town to donate a unit to us free of charge to store all the garage sale donations. That's a huge weight off my shoulders as it has cleared out my garage.

Maysen starts soccer on Friday. He is playing at the middle school Nate attended in his youth. I think that will be a fun time for us to see him playing on the same field.

To the shower I go. It's been a long weekend.

2 comments:

Ej said...

The weekend was great here too! So nice to feel warmth from the sun!

L&D said...

Ack! He mailed them?!?!?!
Oh man, boys are so silly.
From one nurse to another.....