Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Ahhhhh" awaits

And I thought monsters were supposed to be sleeping under the bed??

So, no motivation to blog lately. Sorry! I feel the struggle to keep 2 kids happy while getting my "chores" done let alone blog. By 9pm I'm pooped. However, my energy has been restored because in just FOUR days my sister in law, Jessica, and I are heading off KID/HUSBAND-FREE for 36 whole hours to our family condo at Inn at 7th Mountain in Bend, OR. Maybe, just maybe, Nathan will see just how hard it is maintaining everything all at once can be! He's being a good sport, and how great he is to let me get away not only this coming weekend, but next weekend I have been invited to another get-away weekend with some work friends to the coast. I'm not going for the whole weekend, but I'll go for one night of girls and craziness. Jessica, my sis in law, runs a day care out of her home, while having her 2 kids at home full-time as well. I'm not sure who needs the break more: Her or Me!? We're looking forward to margaritas, sleeping in, popcorn/movies, getting our scrapbooks/photo albums caught up, hot tubbing, and shopping. I can't wait!

So, last weekend I blogged about it being summer-like. Well, I spoke too soon. We got our yard done, flowers planted, and this past weekend we had SNOW!! It wasn't much, but it snowed/rained/hailed all weekend. We got the plants all covered in trash bags, but it's just been weird! My mom in law would say "I'm telling you, it's the Equinox" (love ya, mom!).

Off I go to watch my shows. If I don't talk to you before my retreat ... have a good week!

No comments: