Saturday, February 16, 2008

Poor Bay :-(

Today the boys went on a walk with Bailey to the park. On the way home, they walked the normal way and past the “colorful” house with the loud dogs with Maysen riding on Nate’s shoulders. Out of nowhere, 2 pitbulls were behind Nate and surrounding Bailey and immediately started attacking her. Instinctively, Nate kicked one dog and yelled at them to go back into the yard. Thank God they did. There are a few other situations in my wandering mind that could have happened. One being that the dogs didn’t stop and killed Bailey, as Nate wasn’t going to put Maysen down off his shoulders and help; Another being that they turned on Nate and attacked him.

Nate went up and knocked on the door. It was answered by one of the 3 unattended children. When the mother finally came to the door (awakened from her nap), she blamed the children for them being out. Later, we called the police and they came and took a report. They informed us that the family was going to be fined $1500. I am not out to “get’ this family – but I am fearful to walk past that house again and am scared for the multiple kids I see living/playing around that house. I also am so thankful that it was Bailey walking beside Nate this afternoon – not Maysen. I can’t even begin to think that way … Maysen said when he got home "Those mean puppies bite Bay?"

Bailey's OK. She had about 6 really deep puncture wounds. She seems sore in some places, especially a really swollen area on her back. I'm concerned that vet bills may arise as I'm fearful a Addisonian Crisis may occur since Bay has Addison's Disease. This family doesn't seem to be the type who would financially take care of that if they needed to, so could get ugly. Judge Judy here we come!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Bay. Give her lots of belly rubs/pats for me.

Anonymous said...

No crime in Creswell huh? This is a crime! The what ifs are horrifing. Hope Bay recops without a hitch. I wouldn't think twice about Judge Judy. Love to you all.

kelly ens said...

oh my!!!! good for you on calling the cops and getting them fined. I don't care if they're the sweetest family ever, if their dogs attack, they need to pay the consequences!
Hope Bailey heals soon!

Ej said...

Poor Bailey - irresponsible pet owners really tick me off. Hope she heals quickly.