Saturday, February 9, 2008

blab

Doesn’t he look … cozy? And very snuggly, by the way! Wouldn’t you know all the batteries were out of my camera for Bunko, but it was a blast. I feel like we’re a bunch of drunken sailors when we get together. Just a rowdy bunch … within reason. It’s a nice break to get away.

Is this a glimpse into the future? God, I hope so!!

This is my nephew, Jonas, driving Maysen’s racecar. They had a great time! Once Jonas got the hang of how to drive it he had a blast. He did end his trip, however, running straight into the back of his mommy’s van! That was when we just had to put up the racecar – our deductible is too high!

Speaking of dedictables, I’m battling the insurance company. Well, not really battling I just can’t get them to call me back. We reached our max out of pocket pay for 2007 and I’m still getting bills. So I call to go over why and compare what we have paid and what they have. Well, TWICE I’ve gotten “our computer system for that part is down, let me gather all the data and I’ll call you back.” Still … nothing. I’m not paying another bill until we get it straight.

Today we went to SPLASH, the indoor wavepool. Maysen is really loving water as he gets older. Nate and Mase had a great time! It wore both of them out, which is good. The weather was nice today – sunny and almost 60 so it felt good to get out. Tomorrow after the boys get haircuts, we’re going bowling!

Nathan has a phone interview with Weyerhaeuser on Monday. I’m not sure what God’s plan is right now. I have to keep remembering to be thankful that he's been blessed with having so many job opportunities vs not having employment, but it's frustrating, too. Nate left Weyerhaeuser in June because his contract was up and Nate really wanted a permanent job. He got a job at RealPro and although he really liked it, health insurance was $750/mo out of pocket and he wasn’t really developing like he’d like to – no freedom on projects. So, after only working there for 6mo he left and started working Jan 15th at Industrial Publishing. He really likes it there and is completely free to develop how he wants – he architects his own sites and makes his own calls, which he loves. Then, 2 weeks ago, Weyerhaeuser calls him and asks him to apply for the permanent position opening for the Denver, CO opening. See, in June when he left, Denver offered him a job sight-unseen. We didn’t want to move to Colorado so we declined. They’ve now decided that Nate could work from here FOR the Denver office. Nate struggles with wanting to be a loyal employee and hates the idea of having to tell Industrial Publishing he'll be leaving. However, if they’ll pay him more money and/or benefits are better he’d have to. You have to look out for #1 – and his true love has been working for Weyerhaeuser. He really enjoys building desktop software vs web development.

So, I’m trying the FDA Approved Weight loss pills Alli. I was skeptical, but they really are working! I was scared reading “oily anal leakage and/or diarrhea” as a side-effect but *knock on wood* have not had anything like that. Not even abdominal pain. How it works is that a portion of fat from food at your meals bonds to Alli and it is eliminated from the body before it is absorbed. You have to eat a low-fat diet and exercise for max effectiveness. I’ll keep you updated on how happy I am with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some might be confused about what you are trying to say about Maysen. When I looked at it I couldn't tell what you meant about looking into his future. It is hard to tell that he has a stethoscope around his neck.

He is always saying, "I the doctor".

Nate