Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Updates

So, yesterday I had my appt. Take one guess. Yep! Ended up in the hospital for a few hours to monitor BPs. My non-stress test was perfect, my labs were perfect, but because my BP had been 154/98 in the office I had to go. She told me to just hang in there until 36wks, which will be next Friday. At this point I can tell you we will for sure have Griffin in our arms between December 21-28 - which is in just a few weeks!! On one hand, I'd like to just have him on Dec 21 which will be when he turns 36wks; however then I'm likely not going to be home on Christmas. I hopefully can talk her into waiting until right after Christmas. I've been very excited for Xmas this year because Maysen is "getting it" and I really want to see his face on Christmas morning.

Nathan got a new job - I've been waiting to say something until he had his paperwork. His new boss is amazing and told Nate he would let him come in and work just one day in December so his health insurance started sooner. He has chosen this "one day" to be December 26th, so my ideal birthday for Griffin would be December 27th, just one day shy of 37wks.

I had my ultrasound today ... and get this. He is 34w3d old - and he weighs 7.5lbs already!! I couldn't believe it. His measurements are that of a 37w6d baby - 3wks ahead of where he is. So, we have a big boy here! I can't imagine going full term with him - he'd be 13lbs!! My next appt is Friday so I'm hoping to know more then as far as when we could be scheduling this surgery.

Yes; so Nathan got a new job. He wasn't completing what he had hoped at his job he's had since July. He accepted a position as a more senior software engineer at a more established company in Eugene and felt it would be a better career move for him. I agree. Although he hated leaving a job he'd only been in for 6mo, he felt it was important to our family and I agree. His last day at his current job will be December 21 (if we don't have a baby on or before that day) and his new job is allowing him time off to be with the family and he starts January 15th. That means Nathan will be home for 3.5 weeks with us. Thank the Lord how that worked out!

We moved our office out of the spare room to accommodate the nursery. We now just work on our laptops if needed, and our scanner has yet to be hooked up so I can't post the CUTEST ultrasound picture. Fin's head down, and his head is in a pocket where his hair is sticking straight down. He's got a baby mohawk already! So cute!

I also changed the look of Fin's site ... check it out if you have a free moment.

On a last note, tomorrow is Maysen's first school Christmas Program. Mase has been getting treats because he is one of the only ones who really belts it out on stage. It's neat hearing him sing songs I remember singing in school. Will be posting video on it after the program tomorrow.

What I hear right now: "Come on Baby Brother, lets play trains ... OK! Lets go. Lets fix the tracks because it's broken. That's fun brother ... CHOOOO!" This is going to be fun!

No comments: