Wednesday, December 19, 2007

NO BABY!!

So, amazingly enough, NO BABY today. Can you believe it!? Upon going into my doctor appointment (after getting mentally prepared, packed, and having the “brother” talk with Maysen) my BP was fine!! My doctor was off today (apparently upon giving me my ultimatum she forgot her day off was Wednesday), so I saw Dr Reilly. Nathan and I were both totally shocked as we were expecting to head to the hospital. So here I sit again – on the downhill grade of a roller coaster – a really unfriendly roller coaster. If any of you know someone who can reverse voodoo, let me know because I’m convinced I have a wicked spell cast on me! I am so emotionally exhausted right now, only because I’ve been all over the map for the last 3 weeks. Dr Reilly told me she’d talk to Dr Freidman today and have her call me because she assumed “.. she’ll just call you to schedule a delivery date.”

So far no call. My BPs have been stable all day and Christmas is right around the corner. So, “my” plan is to wait and see if she calls me tomorrow (which she’s off tomorrow, too). If she does not call me, I’ll ring her office Friday afternoon and we’ll discuss setting up a delivery/surgery date hopefully for December 26th. She told me she wouldn’t let me go past 37 weeks (which will be December 28th) and since her office is closed until December 26th once we pass Friday, that means no more office visits.. I’m convinced it’s the pure office visit that makes my BP rise. I’m just sorry to all my family and friends who, like me, are on pins and needles waiting because it has been a wild, wild ride so far. One that I’m ready for it to be over!! I’m not questioning things, as I’m sure this is all God’s will, I just wish the emotional crazy roller coaster is over soon.

Last night we put our ginger bread house together (or “candy house” as Maysen calls it) – one last thing I wanted to do as a 3-person family. It went really well, actually. In the kit you get from Costco they give you TONS of candy and pre-made icing (aka: glue). We were done with a bin still full of candy (thanks to this, one 3yr old wasn’t asleep until 11pm).

Last week Maysen had his first school Christmas Program. His part lasted 5min but it was perfect. I smiled so big the whole time and we were all so proud. The first song he was sort of Aw-Struck, but he warmed right up into the 2nd song with the help of Christmas bells to ring as hard as he could. It was so much fun – looking forward to many more of these!

*Sigh* So, believe me. This baby-thing is no sad attempt to keep some of you coming back (like a pathetic soap opera ploy of demonic presence in one of the main characters, or who's baby is so-and-so pregnant with). I truly hope that Griffin is born soon and will keep you posted as I get new info - because at this point it seems to be a 48hr by 48hr type of melodrama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon you will have your baby and the roller coaster ride will fade away. Maysen was grrrreat at his program. We enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

No reverse voodoo needed... just break open the eggnog and go for a New Year's Baby!!!