Thursday, November 8, 2007

Photo Safari

Here are some pictures from my first "photo safari" with my new camera last week. Of course it was all about Maysen, because he's the best thing to photograph. I was "pretty" happy with how they turned out, but I can't wait to get to learn more about my camera in the future. For the rest of the set, please visit my new Flickr account (which is great!!).

Next project is to do family pictures for our Holiday Cards for this year. Jenn will be here this weekend for Maysen's family birthday party on Saturday at the pizza parlour. Hopefully while she's here she'll be able to get some great shots!

I'm doing a Polar Express theme this year because next weekend we're taking him and 2 other cousins to the Hood River Polar Express Train ride. We're spending the night, swimming, and then doing the train ride. Read HERE about it. It sounds really fun; the kids get to wear their PJs on the train, have hot chocolate, listen to the story of The Polar Express, and even get to the North Pole to see Santa and get their own Christmas Bells. Am I crazy? Yes. But I planned this awhile ago, so I don't have an excuse now!

I also had my OB appointment yesterday and another ultrasound. I was disappointed because I was under the assumption that if I brought a DVD/CD in they'd record my ultrasound on it. However when I got there, she said they only download the pictures to it. With Maysen, they recorded every one that I had, so I have a good 30min+ of Maysen's ultrasounds recorded. The important thing is that Griffin is doing well. So well, in fact, that he's measuring 3 weeks over what he should. He should weigh around 3lbs, and he's almost 5lbs so far. My blood pressure is still a tad high, so starting now I start my 2 week checks and have to have fetal stress tests done, although she assures me it's just precautionary and everything looks great!! I've *knock on wood* only gained about 16lbs so far, but I'm sure once the water retention hits, that will sky-rocket! At least it did with Maysen. She says that they'll "probably deliver early", but I want to go at least 37 weeks, because if I deliver 36wks or sooner, than I don't get to go to the hospital of my choice, which is why I see a different doctor than I had with Maysen. My old doctor stopped delivering at my hospital of choice because balancing 2 different ones was hard on her with her own babies at home. I understand, but if I go early as in 36wks or less, that means that my new doctor will deliver at the hospital my old one would have.

Those of you ladies with kids: Did you experiece HHRWJ?? I've made that up, and it stands for Husband Hormone Release Without Justification. I swear my husband thinks he's pregnant. Only because he's flying off the handle at little things, having outbursts, and emotional breakdowns almost as if he's pregnant. No, it's not fair. Because this is MY time to act irrational with an excuse!!! I asked him if he was on his period the other day, and got "the look" that I always give him. Scary ....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! You're doing great stuff with Bean! This weekend will be fun. Maybe we'll luck out and get a little sun. We could go outside with him.

Anonymous said...

I love the flicker site. Your blog looks better every time I look at it.
Love you from the HHRWJ.

Leslie said...

Awwww ... see, now he's going to make me look like a liar in front of everyone ... but notice - no denial!! :-) Love you too, my HHRWJ.

Ej said...

Yup my hubby acted that way a few times when I was pg. I think some of the excess hormone just floats through the air and they catch it like a cold! My hubby peaked with telling me he was tired and was going to nap - while I was in labour!! LOL!

L&D said...

I don't recall my husband having any outbursts pregnancy related....but he did gain some sympathy weight! hee hee.

The pics are lovely. That boy of yours is simply divine.

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have Griffin early? Gosh, I can only HOPE that for my next one I'd be in the same boat as you. A couple less weeks to be huge and miserable. AWESOME!

Keep on keepin' on, my dear. You're doing great.