Thursday, July 9, 2015

Fishing fun!


Growing up I'm sure most people can envision the opening scene of an episode of Andy Griffith. In the background you hear the joyful whistling of the opening tune. The scene is of Andy walking down to the lake with Opie. Ahh, such simple of times. In today's busy times of electronics, I'm one of those parents who has kids with their faces crammed into those monitors. I wish I never would have started, but alas .... 


Growing up I can remember weekends full of loading up the motor home for a weekend full of boating and (mainly) fishing. I was never very patient unless the fish were biting. I'm sure he was about to wring my neck with all my whining. I, admittedly, have never been a fisherman. My dad? In. His. Blood. So I guess it doesn't totally surprise me that Maysen LOVES to fish. Nate hates it. I hate it. 


So when dad rolled into Oregon for a month, I relished in the thought of him actually taking (and enjoying) the boys over to the local pond and throw a worm out. It took me getting sick and desperate demands for him to take them, but eventually he did. The boys were hooked (see what I did there? Hooked!? Ha!)


I'm sure the fishing trip meant more to the boys than my father, who I'm sure was just frustrated with Griffin for constantly reeling in his bobber instead of letting it sit. But they've caught a fever that now, when Grandpa is gone, we will have to continue. On the night these pictures were taken Maysen was catching little fish within the first 60 seconds his pole was in the water. Now that's when it's fun! 




No comments: