Wednesday, April 29, 2009

screams and sales

Garage Sale & Auction
My fund raising Garage Sale for the Christian School was very successful! Friday was very busy and a lot of our bigger stuff sold. Saturday was an additional day we did this year and it wasn't necessarily worth it. We only made $700 that day and it was pretty slow. Overall, we made $2500.00 for the school so I was pretty proud about that. It wasn't quite my goal but I usually have a way of overshooting my goals. The family that donated the use of the storefront for our garage sale also started inquiring about our ultimate goal of building a new Christian School. He, needless to say, could be a very big financial gain to our goal so I think that was a very good connection to make.

I was pretty tired today - I think it all caught up to me. Papa and Sherrill are in town and they came to watch Maysen in gymnastics tonight. He did great - completing his hand-stands with his arms, not head. He's doing really well at listening and following directions. For a smaller, strong boy this has proven to be the perfect thing for him and he's enjoying it.

Dad and Jo will be in town on Saturday. I'm excited to have them in town. It's been almost a year since we've seen them and Maysen is excited to say the least. They'll only be in town for a few days but I'll take what I can get!

Friday is my sister-in-law, Danielle's, fund-raising AUCTION for the Christian School. She takes months to prepare for this so we're pretty excited. They usually will pull in $15,000+ at the auctions and this is the 4th annual auction. With the economy the way it is, I'm hoping that it will continue to be a success even this year. We have a new caterer this year who is fabulous.

First School Incident
I forgot to mention that a couple of weeks ago we had our first "incident" at school with Maysen. I picked him up from school and his teacher pulled me aside. Apparently she walked down the hall and while she was gone, Maysen jumped up, turned off the light (basement classroom-no windows) then SLAMMED the door and started screaming. THREE. TIMES. It scared the crap out of his classmates and woke some babies in the baby room across the wall. He got grounded from his snack and show time after bath that night and the next day he apologized on his own to Miss N. Something tells me that won't be the last time that happens ....

No comments: