Thursday, April 23, 2009

job

Nathan accepted FT's offer on Monday. He officially told Weyerhaeuser he was leaving. They took it well; mainly that they were sad to see him go because he was such a big asset to them, but at the same time they understood that this was a job promotion for him and how do you refuse that? They agreed to meet in the middle with salary requirement so Nate accepted and signed his Acceptance Letter yesterday. He's going to lunch tomorrow with the guys from FT again just to get to know them. This is a good thing, I think.

Learned that my dad and stepmom Jo from California are coming for a few days to visit starting May 2nd. I haven't seen them in months so I was excited. They are buying a new car and since they're Oregon residents they will be coming back here to buy it. I'm looking forward to spending a few days with them. Lord knows when the next time I'll see them will be.

I booked tickets tonight for Nate, me, and my sister to see comedian Dane Cook in Portland on June 6th. He is hysterical, you can see some of his acts on YouTube.com. One of the best I've seen so I'm pretty excited about that. We'll be going childless so I'm not sure what I'm more excited about :0)

Heading to bed. Tomorrow starts 3 days straight of Fund Raising Garage Sale FUN! Tomorrow is set up/finish price and then Fri/Sat are the sale days. Pray for good return! Last year we raised $1900 in about 7hrs. Since we're doing 2 days this year, it's hard not to set expectations but I hope we do around $3500. We'll see. Night.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats Nate!!! We are so proud of you!!! How exciting for the upcoming job....

Anonymous said...

Great job Nate. Can't wait hear about it all. Thank God someone is buying a large ticket item. Good for your parents Les. Good luck on the Sale. !! Love Mom