Monday, January 25, 2016

Sweet Hearted Griffin

Griffin came running into our room last night, "Mom! Mom! You have to come see this!"

Of course we were busy chatting about something so I was putting him off and telling him to hold on and on and on. Finally "Ok, what's up buddy?"

As if he was waiting for us to stop talking, I looked at him and tears were filling his eyes. His face immediately fell and all he could get out is "This is so sad ...."

I walked into the office and he had this video up:


Griffin was so worried about the young boy who said, "I came all the way from India to see you..." I tried to comfort him by telling him that he got his card signed after the convention but just not right then but it didn't matter. Griffin was upset because that little boy was so upset.

I tried my best to then distract him with laughter. Lots of hugs, tickles, stories. I thought it was over. As they climbed the stairs to bed, I got in the shower. I hear the door creeeeak open and there he stood. Tears back.

"Mom ... I'm having that feeling again?"

"What feeling?"

"I'm just so upsetttttt...."

You're damn right I came out of that shower at 100mph! Up the stairs we climbed together. I told him when he was feeling sad for that boy, remember how happy be was when he finally DID get his card signed. And then to think of happy things.

"Like our cuddles?"

I was the one walking down the stairs with tears in my eyes. Love that boy ....

No comments: