Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014 Mountain House Trip


It seems every year we travel to Eagle Crest, it snows over the pass. This year it did not, but we had a beautiful scenery driving over. Maysen was so disappointed that it didn't snow, but he kept saying "Mom, it's so beautiful" as though he'd never seen snow before.

We cocooned ourselves in the house for five days of family togetherness. It's something I look forward to every year. Just being together, away from home, for 5 days before the craziness of the holidays take over when we return to reality. This year, we brought the puzzle we'd bought at Disneyland this year. It's a 1000 piece puzzle. Now, I thought "I" had OCD, turns out Nate is puzzle-OCD. Once we started this, he could not get it out of his mind. I got almost upset with him because he would hover over this puzzle for hours. He was determined to get this done!


We did sneak out of the house and go to the swimming pool and hot tubs at the main resort activities center. I'm still waiting to sit in these hot tubs while the snow comes down on us. Maybe next year?


Once we got the puzzle down to a manageable frame it was fun to watch Maysen kick into gear. He really showed us up on the puzzle making! He got to put in the last piece!

We watched tons of Christmas movies, I cooked dinner one night, we slept in (well, Nate and I did - the boys just couldn't). We were a bit disappointed in this house this year. We were here 2 years ago and the Resort manages it - and you can tell! It's better to rent these houses when the owners do the managing, not the resort. But it didn't matter - we had a great time as a family. I can't wait for next year and I'm already praying for a snow storm while we're there. That would be amazing.

No comments: